Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Letter!


December 2010
 Merry Christmas from the Johnson Family!
Even as I write those words to all of you who we love and care for, it occurs to me that we soon be an ocean away from all of you during this special time of the year. 2010 proved to be an exciting year and brought many changes for our family.  The biggest change came as we accepted a position with Avant Ministries to be Team Leaders for a Short Cycle Church Plant mission in Italy. We are in the process of fundraising and God has truly blessed this ministry for us; we are just over 30% pledged of our total need with a large matching donation that is under consideration; which will put us over the 50% threshold. We are very excited about where The Lord is leading us and cannot wait to start ministering to the lost in Italy in 2012!
Caleb and Faith are both in a new school this year, Lincoln Christian, which has also been a great blessing for our family. Caleb (13 and in 8th grade) was instantly recognized as a leader amongst his classmates and was elected to serve in Student Council. He has also been very busy with extra curricular activities including; drama, basketball, and pep band where he plays both the French horn and percussion. Faith (11 and in 6th grade) has integrated into her new class as well. She has been a top academic performer, enjoys art and music. We recently went to her Christmas concert where she sang, had a speaking part, and played the trumpet. Even though she disliked the red bow tie and cumber bun she had to wear, she and the whole school were excellent.
Renee has done a fantastic job turning our new apartment into our home. She has an eye and passion for interior design that make our home comfy and beautiful. She has also been busy blogging about our journey into missions; www.paxromanaiv.blogspot.com and has developed a good following, I highly recommend you look into it if you haven’t yet.
I am still working full time at Target and wow, this Christmas season sure keeps me busy!  Also, I have been volunteering in ministry at Crete Berean Church. I co-lead the Oasis ministry with my brother in law Kirk and have been blessed to do most of the large group teaching. This has given me an opportunity to refine my preaching / teaching skills and I am truly appreciative. I also enjoyed volunteering to help with Caleb’s drama performances working with lights, make-up and teenagers; drama is still something I love. I have a good bit of training at Avant in February and March of next year, I will be away for three out of seven weeks, please pray that my time away from work and my family will go smoothly.
As we look forward to the upcoming year we are praying for each of you too. We are praying that God will use you to accomplish His purpose for your life. We pray that this season will be a blessing to each of you and your families. May the God of the universe remind you of the blessing poured out on the earth through His Son, Jesus Christ and we wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The Johnson’s

Michael, Renee, Caleb, and Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment