Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What is that title all about?

koinonia: it is an ancient Greek word that means fellowship. At least if you translate word for word but that doesn't quite capture the essence of koinonia. It is a word that has action implied fellowship, but also participation in a common effort or goal. Further more it means that people are communicating on a deep level. That is the desire of my blog: to have fellowship, participate, and communicate with those that are interested in the journey that I am on. I find it some what ironic that this will happen through the anonymity of a computer but as my family, my team, and I go on our missionary journey it will be one of the best ways for us to experience koinonia with you!

It is also important for me to express that this is not just my journey, but you who are reading and praying for us are participating in the journey God has placed us on.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking witty blog Mike. Pretty much just what I expected. Be safe over there we will all miss you. I'd pray for ya but I used up all my prayers years ago. Take care. We love ya both.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete