Friday, January 14, 2011

Life Happens

It seems I have been praying for a lot of people this week; not that I usually do not, but this week I have had a ton of specific things to pray about:
* A friend is going through training at Avant
* An extended family members father is sick
* A couple that got the news they were hoping to not hear
* A family member of mine that is sick
* Our pastor was in the hospital - stroke (doing okay)
* A co-worker that has had a rough couple of weeks

It is during times like these that I wonder "how much more can life happen". Why is everything always so hard? Shouldn't God, who loves all of these people, make life easier for His followers?

The fact is we live in a sinful and fallen world; and Jesus himself said "while you are in this world you WILL have trouble; but take heart for I have overcome the world!" God in His perfect will uses our imperfect circumstance to show His Glory and perfection. He is our refuge and shelter and has promised to not leave us. But most days Life happens, when we can give God our praise when times are hardest is when we see the most growth in our relationship with Him; that is how I see Him work in my life!

So pray with me that my friends and family can give God all of their praise, even through tear soaked eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment