Sunday, January 16, 2011

Box Office Theology!

I sat down to watch a movie that I expected to enjoy for it's action sequences but I wasn't expecting a profound thought to come from it. In fact, going into watching this movie I was pretty sure that it was devoid of any artistic quality or deep thoughts. The A-TEAM was a good movie one that I really enjoyed. For the most part I was correct in thinking that there wouldn't be anything that truly challenged my brain. 

But now a day or two later I was thinking back to the movie, I found myself thinking of one particular scene. The Col., played by Liam Neeson just stepped in front of a speeding car in the middle of the desert. He is trying to get to another soldier that is in a life and death situation; and it just so happens that the van he stepped out on was being driven by a fellow Ranger.  Sometime during this discussion he says "I don't believe in coincidence. I believe that no matter how random things may appear, there's still a plan."

I like this thought; no matter what our situation is GOD is in control. Though we may not be able to see the plan, it is there. God sets everything in place to get us where we need to be or get going or draw us back to Him. No matter how random it may appear; God has a direction for our lives. It is our duty to seek His face and to walk in faith on the path He has laid before us. Sometimes we get distracted or off course and much like the movie it is often a mission of dire importance that we must complete. 


I look back at the road to missions and it would appear to be a sequence of unconnected events. Random choices that my wife and I made. But each of those steps got us closer to the calling God had for us. Each of them individually couldn't be seen as a choice for missions, but looking back at the whole it is so obvious! I love it when God works this way in our lives, or as the Col. also said "I love it when a plan comes together!" 


1 comment: