Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Do what you do!

I am really enjoying this season of my life. I feel like for the first time, either in a really long time or ever, I am doing exactly what I have been made to do. I truly love my job at City Impact and working with teens! Helping them discover who they are, helping them discover what it means to be a follower of Him, teaching them to grow in their faith, I am so humbled that God would use me for this ministry. The staff City Impact has put together is astounding and the dedication to transforming students from the inside out is a wonderful vision.

I am also super blessed to be working with the students of Lincoln Christian School on the upcoming performances of the musical "HONK!" God gave me a great passion for drama and I am so thankful He has given me an outlet to use that creative side of myself. Not to mention the wonderfully talented students, teachers,  and parents who I have the joy of working beside. If you have a chance to come see us this weekend I can not encourage you enough to come see the show. Everyone has worked so hard, I am sure that you will be entertained.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with HONK! it is a modern, musical retelling of the classic The Ugly Duckling. Do not miss the importance of this story, just because it is a children's tale, there are many strong principles that can be learned from the journey of this young duckling called "Ugly". Love, Inner-beauty, refinement through hardships are themes that followers of Christ should be familiar with and they resound throughout this musical! They certainly resound with my journey to where I am today!

So here is the point, you were created for a specific reason...with a purpose...a reason for being...a unique calling only you can fill! Mine is to minster to kids through drama and City Impact; Ugly's was to be a swan; find out who God made you to be, then DO WHAT YOU DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment