Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mango Salsa

This past weekend we celebrated all of the wonderful people on the Ministry Team for ILA. We spent a fantastic night with some wonderful food in a beautiful home of a City Impact co-worker. I love to cook so anytime I can show off my talents in the kitchen I try to meet the challenge. The hit of the night was was Fresh Mango Salsa.... here is how! (Another veggie lovers dream)

3 - Ripe Mangoes
1 - Small-Medium  white onion
2 - limes
1 - Tablespoon Cider vinegar
3 - Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
2 - teaspoons sugar
salt, pepper

(Cooking is an art...I did not use a recipe and these are approximations...be sure to taste and season accordingly)

Cut limes in half and juice into medium size bowl. Add vinegar and sugar whisk together. Peel and chop mango into ship size chunks then add to bowl. Finley chop onion and cilantro, add to bowl and mix. Chop tomatoes to about the same size as the mango, lightly salt and pepper, then add to the bowl. Mix and chill before serving with your favorite tortilla chips (I especially like yellow corn tortilla chip with this salsa)

No comments:

Post a Comment