Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feeling Inspired ... or full of info

I have been reading a lot! I mean a whole bunch of reading has gone on in my life....I feel like I have gone back to school. Seriously, the reading list that I have compiled over the past month has about 22 books on it! I now have access to 19 of them, so I need to get a few more and I have completed reading 17 so far! That is not counting the multiple curriculum books I have acquired and researched.

I am becoming more knowledgeable on urban youth ministry and multi-ethnic teaching and all that the church should be leading out in. It has been a wonderful time of discovery and learning. I am getting a clearer picture of how and why City Impact does ministry the way that they do and I'm excited to be apart of it!

Some of my favorites reads-
Beyond Charity by John Perkins
Deep Justice in a Broken World by Clark & Powell
Raising Up Young Heroes by Smith

All of this has confirmed that I am exactly in the position that God has wanted me in. I have had several opportunities to teach/preach to the students at Impact Leadership Academy and I have gotten some great feedback. I also planned and put on one of the biggest ILA events that comes around annually our Black History Month Celebration! With a ton of thanks to Lizzie and Ashley as well as Leadership Team leaders, it was a great night!  Black History Celebration went so well, I am working on planning our next big ILA event an Easter/ Holy Week celebration. I have started writing scripts for the students to perform and I am working on an outline for a message, its going to be an awesome night, I am praying God will continue to bless this ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment