Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Week before Holy Week.


I love Holy Week! I am always amazed at what God is walking me through as I prepare for this time. For 14 years Holy Week meant me be part of a drama, showing the events of that week 2000 years ago. I gained a deeper understanding of the events each time I took part. For a number of years I even had the blessing to portray Jesus (picture is me in Good Friday make-up).

But this year is completely different. There is no play, no performance to get ready for, no recreation to create. I am just telling the story. I loved hearing one of the many pastors I know deftly progressing throughout the week. The anticipation and frenzy of Palm Sunday....the beautiful uncertainty of Thursday ... the sobering despair of Good Friday ... the elation of Easter!

This year it is my turn to preach, to tell the story to a group of students...no make-up. I have been working hard to prepare power points, teachings, and relevant illustrations. I am looking forward to Palm Sunday when our ILA students will celebrate Easter as a group. Praying for God to be honored and for His story to be told well!

No comments:

Post a Comment