Monday, October 15, 2012

Fun - Music Monday!

Okay, let's be honest, I am a kind of indie/alt./emo. kind of music guy. That is my default ..I listen to just about everything and really do enjoy all music. But I like music that has some sort of depth ... some "pathos" for all of my acting/speech students, and that genre does it so well. So when "We are young" started blowing up the radio this past year I took some notice of the band FUN. I enjoyed the song but, I would not say I was an instant fan...although one of my drama students was saying they are awesome...and that their first album may be better. Then "Some Nights" kinda of became the unofficial soundtrack of the summer...I finally went back to do some investigating on their earlier work. I discovered that in fact it is a solid record... with a great groove and mash-up of different genres...that comes out just being FUN.

So for all of you who haven't checked out their first record yet "Aim and ignite", the best track, in my opinion - "At least I'm not as sad (as I used to be)"


No comments:

Post a Comment