Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It should be thanksgiving!

What a week....sorry we haven't talked much, but I have been pretty busy! I do want to share some of the awesome things that have been going down this past week-two weeks.

* At ILA - we have had record crowds the past two weeks in a row! I am so amazed at our students and thier desire to know about God. The joy they have shown since we have started back up is awesome...I am so please I get to hang with them on Sunday nights!

* LCS Drama- the students I work with have so much to be proud of. They presented a difficult topic, the Holocaust  with integrity, passion, and a level of excellence. I am so proud that I get to serve at LCS in this capacity and am truly blessed by what the students have accomplished  Most importantly they performed for "An audience of ONE" and gave thanks to Him for the talents He has given.

* Hopes and Dreams - I am amazed by this night. We had a record number of people come to hear the story of City Impact...a number of them have decided to partner alongside of us. The ILA students were out using their God-given strengths; speaking team members were greeting all of the guests while philanthropy team students were auctioning off cookies for the next projects. My friends, Alonzo and Tonya did a great job of communicating City Impact's ministry and the affects on their family to all who were there. Just a great night, and God' has provided so much blessing from the night....we are getting ever closer to groundbreaking, keep an eye on CI's website for updates on pledges and cash donations.

* Our friend and missionary Nicole came to Hopes and Dreams, she told us about how awesome Gad has been...and she is ready to go to the field. Language school in France in January and then on to Africa. Our family will miss her but we are excited to see her go, and to see what God will accomplish through her and her fellow co-laborers!  

*Pumpkins - We had a chance to carve pumpkins as a family and with Ethan our exchange student, I am sure Renee will be posting pics soon on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment