Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 - Welcome New Year/ New Focus

I am not a big fan of "New Year's Resolutions", half-hearted attempts to make changes in one's life, that has been made several years previously, with little follow through or commitment.

But I am starting to better understand the idea of goal setting. I have had conversations with several people over the last part of 2014 where they, or they and their spouse have gone away together to set goals for the upcoming year. While this practice seems a bit odd, spending a vacation to plan what "success"  looks like for the year, instead of spending a vacation relaxing or on a roller-coaster; I think I getting to the point where I see the need to put pen to paper on things I would like to see accomplished this year, however, this is all at the Grace and mercy of God because He will guide and direct my path, I am merely planing my steps.

Goals for 2015

1. Blog... twice a week at least, I will be seeing a lot of you all!

2. Get finances in order...somehow. See posts on My Biggest Failure, tiered of the same old same old.

3. Potty Training for Little Man, this will probably happen later in the year, but it will be nice to be diaper free.

4. Help guide my oldest to a good decision about college, go on a few visits with him. He has it narrowed down, cant believe he is graduating in May.

5. Take a family vacation!!!

6. Celebrate well; Birthdays, Anniversaries, Graduation and find joy in everyday moments.

7. Be a better friend, sometimes I feel quite lonely... I am not sure how great I am at maintaining friendships.

8. Be obedient to God's call in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment