Thursday, June 16, 2011

Closet Insanity!

It has been an interesting first week in full time support raising. Our daughter is off at camp, she will be home on Saturday! And while I have been working on strategy for fund raising, I have also been digging in to scripture for a up-coming guest preaching event, and performing several times for America's Great Stories. It has been a busy week!
But my largest challenge this week has been ripping into closets! Even though we pared down in 2009 when we moved from a home to an apartment, we still have so much stuff (honestly do I need both a blender with a food processor ad-on and a food processor?) We have books, clothes, and miscellaneous debris in various drawers and compartments all throughout  our home! Honestly I am one of the biggest techie geeks that I know, I found a whole bag of electronics cords that I have no idea what they are for! The rub is none of these things are going to Italy! I have to find all of it a new home! We are going to have a massive garage sale in July with all of the proceeds going to our start up costs (new furniture when we get to Italy) and we will be taking a free will offering for our mission. I will also be exploring how to sell items on e-bay and or craig list for those items that are a bit much for a yard sale (anyone interested in a trumpet or a Killzone PS jacket?) The prep work that is left to go is huge....so see you at the sale until then I will be sorting and sifting though our stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment