Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Climbing back down the mountain

As I sit here writing, having just returned from Dillon, CO and Mt. Quandary with it's 14,225 feet of elevation, I am forced to take inventory of my body. My legs feel all cramped up, my feet have several blisters, and my nose has 2nd degree burns from the sun (nasty blisters and all) but I feel great! I enjoyed spending time with my son, my friends from Omaha, and meeting new guys, all of them were there to grow closer to Christ and to summit a 14K peak! Here are some of the highlights:

* About 400 feet from the top of the mountain I was done.....Caleb had already been up to the top and was on his way back down. He was relaxing with a few other men that had already been up to the top. They saw the strain I was in, gave me some extra food and water, and tons of encouragement! It took 15 min. but I was able to summit!

* God working through our group of men. We worked together to carry a fourteen year old young man with cerebral palsy up to the top of the mountain! His story was all over the mountain that day and our group had a chance to show Christ to everyone else that was climbing that day!

* Caleb and I were talking with one of our former pastor's, who was also a MK. As we were talking he ministered to our hearts. He knew Italy, as is most of Europe, is post-Christian and he was able to encourage Caleb on his journey as a MK!

* Driving through the mountains was spectacular! Views were unbelievable; they were breathtaking at every turn!

* Bunked with Scott, Gary, Cameron, and Caleb - it was great! We had a fire going 15 min. after getting there and kept it going almost the whole time! Had to restart it after being gone for for the whole day of climbing but other than that it was lit for four days.

* I got a chance to act with Ty.... we have done a ton of stuff together over the years and it was fun to work with him again, even though we didn't get a chance to practice before hand!

* We fished for two days and didn't catch a thing....but had a great time anyway!

* I had a chance to lead a time of prayer with 20+ guys including Caleb.

* Taking a shower at Breckenridge Rec. Center after 3 days with no shower facilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment