Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Climbing a Mountian

Caleb and I are going to Colorado today on a men's retreat. We have been preparing for this for several months (years if you ask some of the guys we are going with that have been trying to get me to go with for at least that long). I look forward reconnecting with these men that were a part of my life for many years. I look forward to the challenge of making it to the top of the summit. I will also be leading these men on a prayer walk and perhaps some other fun surprises.

I feel like the fortitude that it will take will be similar (although in a smaller scope) to the journey we have been on for the past year. When I first take a look at the challenge ahead of me I will no doubt be in awe of the task before me. As I begin, I start the only way that seems reasonable by putting one foot in front of the other. There will be time where it will be incredibly difficult, but what will keep me going is both the goal set before me and the camaraderie of those walking beside me. The encouragement of the men surrounding me and their past experience in tackling a challenge like this will help me to triumph!

I look forward to the time that I will spend with this Band of Brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment