Saturday, July 16, 2011

Re-charge

It is hard to believe I have been in this process of deputation for a whole year. This is most certainly the hardest thing God has ever had us walk through! I am anxiously looking forward to being in Italy in less than a year, presenting the Gospel to the lost in the city of Rome. This past week Renee and I had opportunity to go to mission agency's headquarters/ training center to meet with the new candidates that are going trough training to take the Gospel to other parts of the world. I was there to lead a devotional study time and share our vision of reaching the lost in Italy (hopefully find the missing piece for our team). I was there to be a blessing to these new candidates and I was completely surprised by what God did to recharge me while I was there.
I was able to spend time with many of the HQ staff members during their down time or while they were not teaching the new group. I walked away with a better understanding of the mission of the office! These are men and women who will stop at nothing to make sure our mission, as well as the mission of all of the others in the field are fruitful. They desire to see God's glory in all corners of the world and are committed to making sure we have all of the tools we need to succeed. I am so grateful that they all took time to get to know us better and to share some of the insights that they have learned from being out on the field themselves.
I want to share some of the highlights:

* Our mission is to mobilize the church. Raising money is a by-product  of that mobilization! Get the church excited about the mission and God's vision of saving the lost; the money will come!

* You must develop a taste for cappuccino or espresso. Italians will not understand you if you don't drink coffee and it is not like Starbucks .... one of our staff members spent many years in Italy and can make authentic Italian style drinks.

*Renee and I will be taking our survey trip to Rome in late November and early December; we are on the board!

*We should be working on our Italian - suggestion of reaching out to the University to see if they have international students who help tutor us!

*John (book in the Bible) is Giovanni in Italian!

* Behind every missionary is countless people that make it possible for them to be sharing God's word: from supporters, to prayer intercessors, to support staff, and church members it is about God's people banding together to reach others with the Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment