Thursday, May 26, 2011

I have a job!

Only four days left at Target....but I have a job! In fact, I have been trying to balance two for the last year, missions ( fund-raising for our time in Italy) and retail. They don't mix well together; one (retail) has been more immediate and has dominated my time. Coming home form closing the store five out of six nights, generally leaves little time to connect with all of you.
Over the last few weeks, I have made allusions to the fact that I will be leaving Target, but the time has come and is now! Our needs are not without substance, we have a lot of work to do in a very short time to make this thing work. We have been talking and praying with several great friends and family as we walked this decision. We feel like this is the right one but it is not without a huge dose of nervousness.
We are overjoyed, however, when we hear about how awesome God is when He is at work in the lives of His people. We met a couple at Avant in February when we were there for Team Lead training. They had recently taken a similar step into full time support raising. They had a long way to get to their goal and limited time as part of their team was already on the field. We just heard this past week, that they are 109% funded and leaving soon to plant churches in Europe.
This is my job to reach out to the lost and plant a church in Rome! Until I get there, my job is to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment